The view west from the homestead

The view west from the homestead

Sweet Chance

Sweet Chance

Monday, July 30, 2007

Fast food follies

7/24/07

JOLLY OH!!!! I must write about Hardees. I know, I know. But I must. There we were…..hungry, weak, and just plain dull-headed from the mid-day Fort Dodge heat when we passed a Hardees’s. My brother Mike shot into my head and words of Hardee praise filtered in. I shrieked, Chris turned, we went in. A/C….a huge cauldron of fresh brewed iced tea, and no line. Oh my….the woman behind the counter…..in fact Everyone behind the counter, was Very Friendly! It’s alright hon, she kept saying as we all stared blankly at the menu. We ordered, she took visa willingly, happily even, she gave us a number and we sat down. It actually took a few minutes—they were back there actually cooking our order. Can you believe it? Really! Our food came…..they got a couple things wrong and were Very Apologetic, said we could keep the mistakes, and went and made us just the right thing. Then here’s the kicker………Hon herself came over and Asked Us How Everything Was. Can you believe it???? How is everything? At a fast food joint? And you know what? It was good! We had to pinch ourselves a bit. We’re not sure where we are, but we sure have left the Northeast! Anyway……HARDEES. MAY THEY ALL BE SO GRAND!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Who'd a thunk it? Friendly table service at a fast-food joint. I guess you're not on the East Coast enymore!

Hey! Why don't y'all sign your entries so we know whether it's Annie or Chris writing?

: ) Keith

Anonymous said...

Oh, now I see that you are signing most of them---or the content makes it clear who's writing....Sorry!

(and I actually do know how to spell anymore correctly!)